Don't do what every other business does!

Sticking to the marketing norm will stunt your growth!


I once sat down with a non trade business owner and we got talking about business and marketing and I suggested he try promoting his business with flyers, he bluntly shot my idea down and dismissed it saying it wouldn't work for him!

I asked if he'd ever tried it to which I got the reply of no because it doesn't work! So I asked him how he knew, to which he told me he had spoken to a larger competitor who had told him it doesn't work......

A few months later I was talking to someone in the same industry and mentioned this, I got the reply 'that's how I get most of my business!'

Try different routes to market


So my moral of my story is that you should try every avenue of marketing your business, what didn't work for one business doesn't mean it won't work for you, there are lots of variables and so long as you do small manageable low cost tests. 


On top of this you should try variations of the same marketing method, so if you want to try doing a flyer drop do 2 different versions of it with a different message on each. One may not work or work as well as the other, you may try an offer on one and none on the other to test the response that you get, then you can take the one that worked well and do a different version of that.

What marketing have you seen in a different industry that you can try in your trade or property business?



To your marketing success

Paul Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This